“I am Reiko Hasuma, an instructor in the Gosha Academy… Oh, it's you. What are you doing here?”Reiko Hasuma (蓮魔 零子) is a teacher in the Gosha Academy. She first appeared in Kaiju World War: Part 1.
Reiko is an aggressive and harshly strict woman who dislikes any form of disorder or disturbance, be it in her classroom or in the streets during her missions. Because her father was killed when she was young, Reiko becomes strict about compromising and spoiling others, and even more severely controlling herself. Her mercilessness towards her enemies in battle is somewhat emulated in her teaching efforts, since she resorts to giving harsh punishments to students who break rules and regulations or a cause a disturbance. Her demeanor makes some students scared to even make a move, fearing they might accidentally anger her. However, Reiko genuinely cares for and wants to make her students succeed and improve in becoming Taimanin. For this, students yearn for her fairness and always behave in a dignified manner whenever she's around.
At an early age, Reiko was strictly disciplined by her parents to be a skilled Taimanin. However, his father died during a mission because of a mistake. This incident would be the primary catalyst that eventually melded the young woman's mind into becoming the stern Taimanin who would take no nonsense and beat some sense into people if necessary. She becomes an active on-duty Taimanin, while also working as an instructor at the Gosha Academy. She has the ninja method of "seeing through objects", which allows her to find out the position and posture of a hidden opponent and beat them with a whip. Her fierceness was such at an extent that her name became known not only to the Taimanin but also to other organizations.
Even when teaching at the school, her cold attitude doesn't change, seeing the badness of a student with her see-through power. Some students are very scared because of the strict guidance. However, her strict guidance is due to her love for the students, so she will not blame them unreasonably or rebuke more than necessary. Her imposing attitude makes her a role model to many students in school, including Tomoe Kuroda. On Valentine's Day, girls would give her plenty of chocolates. She accepts them, but she does not forget to stab her nails and remind them by saying, "Don't forget your identity as a student and Taimanin."
Kaiju World War: Part 1 Edit
Kaiju World War: Part 2 Edit
Tomoe Kuroda Edit
As a Taimanin, Reiko has her skills that help her solidify her reputation:
- Magi physiology / Chi sensitivity – Since she is a Taimanin born from the Magi-human species, this allows her to be biologically superior to that a regular human.
- See-through –
- Anti-Demon Whipping Technique (対魔鞭術 Taimahenjutsu ) –
- Anti-Demon Whipping Technique - Butte (対魔鞭術・ビュート Taimahenjutsu - Byūto ) –
- Anti-Demon Whipping Technique - Spiral (対魔鞭術・スパイラル Taimahenjutsu - Supairaru ) –
- “I am Reiko Hasuma, an instructor in the Gosha Academy… Oh, it's you. What are you doing here?” (五車学園で教師をしている、蓮魔零子だ。……あぁ、貴様だったのか。こんなところで何をしている？ Gosha Gakuen de kyōshi o shite iru, Hasuma Reiko da. ……Aa, kisama datta no ka. Konna tokorode nani wo shite iru? )
- “You're… having a hard time studying. Honestly, I am getting worried just seeing this.” (貴様は……少しは勉学に励め、正直、見ていて不安になる Kisama wa… sukoshi wa bengaku ni hageme, shōjiki, mite ite fuan ni naru )
- “Huh? Can't understand here? …Huh, I understand. I'll tell you. However, I'll be thorough.” (はぁ？ ここが分からないのか？……はぁ、分かった。教えてやる。ただし、徹底的にな Haa? Koko ga wakaranai no ka? ……Haa, wakatta. Oshiete yaru. Tadashi, tetteiteki ni na )
- “Hey, don't be spoiled. I did not give you permission to do so.” (おい、甘えるな。私は貴様に気を許した訳ではないぞ Oi, amaeru na. Watashi wa kisama ni ki o yurushita wakede wanai zo )
- “I'll show you an example.” (貴様に見本を見せてやる Kisama ni mihon wo misete yaru )
- “Ah… power is flowing within me.” (あぁ……力がみなぎる Aa… Chikara ga minagiru )
Character Art Edit
- Reiko currently has the widest hips among all the Taimanin, with a measurement of 96 cm.