The Great General of Darkness (暗黒大将軍 Ankoku Daishōgun ) is the main antagonist of the film Gamera vs. The Great General of Darkness and the horrifyingly powerful leader of the Mycenae Empire.
The Great General is a massive humanoid being standing at about a hundred meters. He wears black obsidian Roman-esque armor with red and gold trims and a long red cape with a purple interior. While his head has a black helmet, a stoic face, a red jewel on the forehead and three horns, his true face is on his chest and resembles an old man, having blonde hair and red sclera. A chain also extends from the left side of his waist.
Four Millennia Ago
The Great General is an intimidating warlord who wishes to glorify the Mycenae Empire and reclaim the surface rule. Because of this, he holds a grudge against all of humanity. He is cruel to any enemy who stands against him, but is not above praising them for their efforts.
The Great General is an extremely powerful and dangerous foe towards anyone who stands against the Mycenae Empire. He is possibly one of the most powerful adversaries Gamera ever faced, as he is one of the only few ones to have defeated the heroic kaiju, eventually leading to a chain of unfortunate turnaround of events that will affect the last remaining chapters of the Mahou Kaiju Series.
- Supreme Darkness Powers - He is able to shoot purple beams of dark energy out of his head's eyes enough to match Gamera's Fire Breath, Hououga's Tenchikai Beam and Super Samuraider's Degeneration Rifle all together.
- Superhuman Strength - The General displays incredible strength superior to his foes, such as when he punched Gamera and Hououga enough to bounce him back at least ten miles.
- Superhuman Durability - His durability is also very high, his cape able to guard against a blast from Super Samuraider's Pulse Cannon and take a full-powered Fire Breath at his real face.
- Immortality - The General has lived for four-thousand years underground without showing signs of aging.
- Limited Invulnerability - He is invulnerable to conventional weaponry.
- Swordsmanship Mastery - His most deadly skill is his mastery of his large and powerful sword and massive strength which together can bring down any foe to their knees.
- Fortress Control - He also controls the flying fortress Demonika.