“What is love? How do humans experience it?”Artemis-66 Luna (Ａ－６６・ルーナ Arutemisu-66 Rūna ), also shortly known as A-66 Luna, is a semi-artificial lifeform produced by the Earth Defense Force. She first appears in the film as a minor character in the film Kaiju World War: Part 1 and becomes a major supporting character in the anime Young Braves Brigade.
A-66 Luna is young preteen girl with brown irises on her eyes and long light-purple hair with shades of sky-blue and pink in many parts.
Because A-66 Luna was programmed primarily in combat against the Earth Defense Force's enemies, emotions and other concepts that human beings can comprehend are purged. Therefore, initially, she did not at all reveal emotions and behaved indifferently. She had no awareness that her emotions are being suppressed, and she had no doubt that she is a fighting being, merely created to fight in the battlefield to destroy her creators' enemies.
However, this changed when she was damaged in combat and found offline days later by the Young Braves Brigade to be repaired. After days of fighting alongside the Brigade, she begins to question why humans feel emotions even in the field of war and wonders if she can experience them if she is an android.
Kaiju World War: Part 1 Edit
The A-66 Luna is a human-cyborg weapon created to control the latest energy weapon of the US branch's Earth Defense Force, the Artemis. She is the 66th and completed for the first time. About 40% of her body is mechanized. The rest is the same as a real human being, and her reproductive function remains, but she did not know it.
Young Braves Brigade Edit
She was damaged critically during a battle between the US Armed Forces and the Underworld Legion in Merida, Mexico and rendered offline after crashing to the ground. She was found by the Young Braves Brigade during their exploration in Mexico, taken back in their ship and repaired. After restoring consciousness, she immediately reacted and nearly attacked the Brigade before Kenta and Connor calmed her down.
Kaiju World War: Part 2 Edit
Her strength and fighting prowess are sure subjects of awe, regardless of the enemy she faces.
- Superhuman strength –
- Levitation –
- Combat Database - She can store information and data on a combatant's abilities and fighting style to her database, from allies such as Justice Alliance members or Taimanin, to enemies like the demons of the Underworld Legion or the Forbidden Ones, to identify their strengths and weaknesses and use them in battle to serve as an advantage to her side.
- Super Robot Piloting –
The purpose of A-66 Luna's creation and modification is to wield one of the Earth Defense Force's most powerful portable weapons, the Artemis (アルテミス Arutemisu ).
- Artemis Twin (アルテミス・ツイン Arutemisu Tsuin ) –
- Artemis Force (アルテミス・フォース Arutemisu Fōsu ) –
- Artemis Over-Limit (アルテミス・オーバーリミット Arutemisu Ōbārimitto ) –
- “Identification code, analysis— completed. A-66 Luna, now to serve under your command. Please use me for occasions of large-scale extermination.” (識別コード、解析――完了。A-66・ルーナ、これより貴官の指揮下に所属します。大規模殲滅作戦の折には、私をお使いください Shikibetsu kōdo, kaiseki ― kanryō. A-66 Rūna, kore yori kikan no shiki-ka ni shozoku shimasu. Taikibo senmetsu sakusen no ori ni wa, watashi wo otsukai kudasai )
- “Additional program, installation complete.” (追加プログラム、インストール完了 Tsuika puroguramu, insutōru kanryō )
- “What is love? How do humans experience it?” (愛とは何ですか？ 人間はそれをどのように経験しますか？ Ai to wa nani desu ka? Ningen wa sore o dono yō ni keiken shimasu ka? )